Introduction of IFRS
With the diversification and globalization of business operations, there is a continuing trend for Japanese companies, as parent companies, to measure the financial position and operating results of their overseas subsidiaries using the common IFRS yardstick and to make management decisions. In addition, to meet the needs of investors, some companies are adopting IFRS in order to raise funds more smoothly.
In Japan, the number of companies that have adopted or decided to adopt IFRS is 260 as of February 2023 (according to data published by Japan Exchange Group).
BDO Sanyu & Co. provides services such as IFRS accounting audits (including IFRS application audits from the time of IPO and referral services for foreign companies), IFRS implementation, and IFRS consulting on standard units such as leases and impairment, utilizing the BDO International network to respond to your needs. We provide services such as IFRS implementation, IFRS consulting on a per-standard basis such as leases and impairments, etc., utilizing BDO International's network.
<Achievements as of April 2023>
- 6 domestic listed companies (including 2 companies that adopted IFRS when it went public)
- Many foreign companies (referrals from overseas)
- IFRS implementation support (from impact study to preparation of IFRS financial statements)
- Impact study of IFRS adoption during financial due diligence
- Consulting on an IFRS basis (leases, asset impairment, etc.)
- Education and training on knowledge required for IFRS application
And many more.
For inquiries about our IFRS auditing and consulting services, fill in BDO Sanyu & Co. contact form
or by e-mail to BDO Sanyu & Co. IFRS Desk ([email protected]).